Friday, February 16, 2007

WOW...I don't do this much...LOL

Man oh man! When it rains it POURS! The oldest is able to get his license. But hasn't due to the fact that his father won't talk to me about it or anything else for that matter.

So I took it upon myself to contact him and talk about the issue of getting insurance for C so he can drive. Well his father bought a truck about a year ago and C thinks of this truck as his. He LOVES that red FORD. While talking to his father I was informed that the "truck" was NOT C's, but that his father considered it "THEIR" (his and his wife) 3rd vehicle. I said to him....but C thinks of it as his. And I'm told once again, it's NOT it's THEIR 3rd vehicle, and that C won't be driving it all the time like he thinks he will be.

C came to me one day and said...Mama don't tell daddy but...Daddy says if you don't pay 1/2 the insurance I won't be allowed to drive my truck to your house. I just looked at C and said...didn't I tell you he would do this? So after the talk on the phone with his father and seeing that his father expects me to pay 1/2 the insurance on a truck that C won't be allowed to drive...I say NO. I'm NOT paying for the insurance on a truck that EVERYONE but C can drive. Now I get to go and find a vehicle that C and drive whenever, plus I get to pay for insurance too. But I look at it this way...at least C will have a car and will be able to get himself back and forth to school and maybe take his sister to school for me too.

And to think...I get to do it ALL over again in 3 years!

4 comments:

SINFUL said...

A once-a-month blog! Cool!!!

You are gonna love having a 2nd daytime driver in the house - whatever you have to do will be worth it! You may not think that at 1:00 in the morning when C's not home yet though. . .

Tango said...

Jackass Ex's...Arrrgh! World's got to revolve around them.

Sin's right ~ you're gonna love having a second driver...running errands, taxi'ing his sister, parkin' on a dark, dead-end road...Ah, scratch that last one.

Can't wait to hear about C's new ride.

Janet Webb said...

Awesome -- you are blogging! What great colours ... a drivin' son. Hmmmm! I'm in the same sort of boat except we don't need to get another vehicle -- just update our insurance for a very very occasional driver. I cannot actually believe she's a driver!I agree with everyone -- in the long run it will really make mama's life easier ... what is it V says? When mama's happy, everyone's happy (well, something like that!)

R&R said...

I MISSED your DEBUT because NOBODY INVITED ME!!! *sniff* LOL...glad to see ya blogging.

Think of the satisfaction you'll get first time C pulls out of the driveway and you both know it's because YOU helped him. You go, Mama Bear! : )