Friday, February 23, 2007

Things that a sorta kinda stranger says.....

You know that deep down you are a good person, friend, or even Mama. Well today I drove close to 100 miles to get a 22 rifle for C. He didn't know I was getting it for him...I wanted it to be a surprise. He uses it for the Hunter Safety Shooting Team that he's on (High School). And after I had filled out the paperwork on it (and found out that I had NOOOOOOOO felonies...LOL) his coach called me. And I told him that I was driving home from getting the gun. And I told him that when C saw it that the 1st thought he would have would be....there goes the truck I wanted :. And I told his coach that I would tell C (and it would be the truth) that I had NOT touched the money for the truck.

You see the money that I used for the rifle came from the same place that I got the money to buy him a bow two years ago....my side job of embroidery. While I was talking to his coach and said that about the truck....he said to me...you know...you're a good Mama. Those words are the BEST words that I've had said to me in a LONG time. I almost started to cry, due to the fact that one of the things that my ex said to me time and time again....besides he didn't want me and NO other man would either was that I was a bad mother. I smiled to myself and said....Thank you...I try. And he said to me....you know C is a GREAT kid...and he deserves it. To which I replied...you know....I agree with you. He IS and he DOES!

I wish I had a camera when C saw the gun. I had put it on his bed and didn't tell him anything. He was ALL smiles. And he came up behind me, rubbed my back (while I was hooping another embroidery job) and said....Thank you, Mama. I replied with you're welcome. And he grabbed that rifle and was looking it OVER!!!!!!!!!

His coach called before I had gotten back from taking K to her horse riding lessons, and I was talking to him, and he said is C around...I laughed and said he will be when I get home. So he and I talked until I got home and I handed C the phone and said....Mr. C is on the phone...so he talked to C. And when C got off the phone, I asked him what did the coach say....he grinned and replied with....Mr. C said...I told you I would get you that gun didn't I???? :))

After I dropped him off at his grandmothers, he kept hugging me and saying over and over....thank you....I love you. And you know what....the funny thing is...he would have hugged me over and over and said the same things WITHOUT the rifle.

I did say to him...C please don't EVER give up on me. It might take me a little bit to get you what you want...but I'll ALWAYS try to get it for you....just please don't EVER give up on me.

I learned a long time ago...that our children are gifts from God....they aren't ours....they are only on loan to us for a short time. And for us to do the best that we can with them. If nothing else I hope that both of mine learn that.

5 comments:

DTF said...

You are a FANTASTIC MAMA and nothing that ashole can say will EVER change that fact. You know it and your kids know it! You've done good, mom!

SINFUL said...

You ARE a good mom!

You're a good friend too!

Thanks, more than you'll ever know!!

Janet Webb said...

Do not ever doubt yourself mama! The first thing you ever wrote to me was that the embroidered mask had threads in it that were from your mama's sewing box and how much that meant to you :) You are all about family!! Your kids are so lucky -- they know it, your friends know it and I hope you do too!

Anonymous said...

I'm with C... ignore him. He takes up too much space and energy.

You're a great Mom.

Now about those masks... I forgot about them... do you make them in butterflies???? Or teapots?? Or both??

Just thinking of "good daughter" gifts :)

S.

Anonymous said...

some day I am going to hit J in the head with my shovel....SAH-WEAR to GAWD! ASH WHOLE....