Sunday, September 9, 2007

NAS Oceana Airshow 2007


I went with a couple of friends to Virginia Beach over the weekend and we went to the NAS Oceana Airshow. Cindy had gotten us tickets to sit in the executive chalet. But on the way there while in the parking lot there was a car to our right and Cindy says....I don't care if it's Rudy...don't let him in and Mike...well he let him in...and we all went...OMGosh IT IS RUDY!!!! (from Survivor)...LOL


After we parked and got thru the gate, we were walking to the chalet and this NAVY guy driving a golf car limo stopped in front of us and asked if we would like a ride....we looked at each other and said...SURE! Then we looked at him and said...why us? He said it was his job, and I burst out to laughing and said...what's your job, getting the old people from out of infront of the gate? He started to laugh, and said...nah, just to drive around and give people rides. We were like how cool is this? And if you read Sin's blog she'll do a better job at this then I will...LOL.


But we got there and the show was wonderful...plus the fact we were UPCLOSE too. She, Mike and I got challenge coins from the group of guys that actual fly the F22 Raptor.


We left the airshow, went back to the hotel, got our chairs and Cindy and I walked down to 31st Street Park and listened to the NAVY band playing (Mike had finally joined us)...and after the band finished, you heard whistles blowing and I looked up and said to Cindy....ummm...here come the Blue Angels...and they (the pilots and all the crew) walked into the park and right in front of us



They stayed in the park for a little meet and greet.

I know I had a great time and I would like to thank both Cindy and Mike for letting me tag along. And WOW...I didn't notice that the date was THAT far off on my camera.

No comments: