Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Boy miles sure do rack up fast......

Over the weekend I helped my bestfriend move...from Atlanta, GA to Falls Church, VA. I'm not sure exactly how many miles it is...all I can say is...MAN OH MAN is that a LONG ride/drive.

We (Charles and I) left on Thursday night driving to Atlanta...we got there around 11:30PM and I immediately went to bed. We got up around 6AM on Friday morning...that's what time the movers showed up. And they moved boxes and furniture ALL morning long. Charles was driving the rental truck. At around 2PM we left Atlanta and Maril started out driving my car, and when we got to SC I took over the driving. We got to Charlotte, NC around 5PM...just in time for rush hour AND race traffic...LOL. We made it to Winston-Salem, NC around 7:30. Her hubby met us and the 4 of us went to eat. She and Luigi went back to their hotel, Charles and I came home. We hit the sack....ZZZZZzzzzzz (out like a light)by 830PM.

Saturday morning we got up around 4:30AM...left the house to meet up with them so that we could get started on the drive to DC. We pulled out around 6AM...and finally arrived in Falls Church, VA around 1:30 - 2:00PM. We had to go to a public storage place and have 1/2 of one of the trucks emptied. Then we went to their apartment and had the other 1/2 of one truck unpacked. After that Charles moved the one truck and backed the other one up so that it could be unloaded. At this time it was around 5:30PM. Charles got into the rental truck and I got into my car and we left to take the truck back to the rental place. I picked him up, and we hit the road coming back home to NC.

It was midnight when I pulled into the driveway back at Home Sweet Home. I hit the bed as soon as I walked into the house and did NOT move until 8AM Sunday morning and then I only rolled over and went back to sleep.

Talk about a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGG trip....phew! I did tell Maril that I was NOT going to help her move EVER again....LOL

No comments: