Sunday, October 7, 2007

Why are decisions so hard?

I went outside to feed the dogs yesterday and I noticed that Katie's dog (Rosie) was yelping when the other day just barely touched her. These dogs are around 8 or 9 years old.

Not too long ago Rosie was acting funny, so Charles took her to the vet and she had heartworms (it's a LONGGGGGG story)...the vet treated her and she seem to have gotten better, but now she's back (to me)where she was before and I just don't have the money if the treatment isn't 100% guaranteed.

The hard decision part comes in here...if Rosie continues to get worse, should I have her put down and then if I decide to....do I tell Katie and ask if she wants to go with me or do I act like she just died one weekend while Katie is at her daddys?

I just don't know what to do....I feel like I would be lying to the child (well DUH), but I don't want her to be crying her eyes out.

Big sigh

1 comment:

Janet Webb said...

Oh I so feel for you: I'm sure there are pros and cons on both sides ... but surely perhaps maybe your daughter would want a chance to say goodbye.

You're in my thoughts!